tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Next Marvel crossover is with Attack on Titan
Reply to topic    AMG(SC) Index -> Western Films, TV & Comics

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 04/11/14 16:28  Reply with quote

Marvel crossovers are some of the most fun comics to read, if for no other reason that you sometimes have to pinch yourself to realise someone actually made a mashup between Marvel, Zombies and the Evil Dead. The next one is set to be equally bizarre as it’s with Shingeki No Kyojin, known in the Western world as Attack on Titan.

The reveal that this was going to be a real thing comes from Senior VP of creative & creator development at Marvel comics, C.B. Cebulski. “I loved “Marvel Team-Up” and “What If?” as a kid. I would spend hours dreaming up my own crossovers and alternate reality stories,” he began on Twitter. Suggesting initially just a musing by a fan of the genre.

“As I got more into manga, I always imagined how cool it would be for the Marvel characters to cross into the pages of manga worlds,” he said, before dropping the big bomb of a reveal:

“If you ever wondered, “What if the titans from Hajime Isayama’s “Attack on Titan” attacked the Marvel universe?”, you’ll find out soon!!”

Understandably, this prompted many people to question if he was kidding. Marvel might feature large enemies for its heroes to battle and wanton destruction is certainly a common theme in both universes, but the comparatively relentless Manga is known for regularly slaying characters that have been given plenty of panel time, often in a brutal fashion. Comics while often dark, rarely stray into such depressing themes.

Clearly though Cebulski wasn’t playing, as he posted the above image shortly after, announcing that “this was not a joke,” and that the Marvel universe and the Attack on Titan one would be crossing over in just two weeks time. In Japan, though whether that means it’s set in Japan, or that the crossover comic will be available there first, wasn’t clear.

KitGuru Says: Either way we don’t have long to wait to find out. Since this is just a fun little non-canon spin-off, it should be interesting to see what it’s all about. What do you guys think will happen in it?
source

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 05/11/14 19:29  Reply with quote

a few more details have emerged:

Japan's Toyko-based pop culture magazine Brutus has more information on the Attack on Titan crossover with Marvel Comics listed in its next issue preview. Issue 790, on sale November 15th will feature a "What If" comic with the Marvel's Avengers superhero team battling the Female Titan on the streets of New York.

The issue will also have more thoughts on the character and story from series creator Hajime Isayama as well as a preview of the exhibit at the Ueno Royal Museum that opens on November 28th.

Isayama draws the cover and a special Titan sticker.
source

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 14/11/14 18:43  Reply with quote

Attack on Titan's Marvel Crossover Also Features Guardians of the Galaxy

The Attack on Titan and Marvel crossover comic that Magazine House's Brutus magazine is publishing on Saturday features characters from Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers as they battle the Female Titan, Colossal Titan, Armored Titan, and others in New York City.

The crossover features English dialogue, but includes a Japanese translation guide. Original manga creator Hajime Isayama himself created the plot for the comic.

The comic is titled Attack on Avengers, and the full staff lineup includes:

Scenario: Hajime Isayama
Breakdown: C.B. Cebulski
Line Artist: Gerardo Sandoval
Color Artist: Dono Sanchez Almara
Assistant Editor: Jake Thomas
Editor: Tom Brevoort
Editor in Chief: Axel Alonso
Chief Creative Officer: Joe Quesada
Publisher: Dan Buckley
Executive Producer: Alan Fine

The issue also includes a short discussion with Marvel Comics Senior Vice President of Creative & Creator Development C.B. Cebulski titled "The Boom Has Landed in America. The Reason Is Because Americans Are Becoming Prisoners" that discusses Attack on Titan's popularity in America. Cebulski introduces the English phrase "Nothing Sacred" when discussing how major characters in the series will suddenly die. He also talks about how today's youth in America live in uneasy times, with metal detectors at the entrances to high schools and children being banned from playing outside. He said people can feel like they are living within walled confines, and so perhaps American youths can emotionally invest in Eren and his friends' fight with the Titans beyond the walls.

The same issue of Brutus features a cover drawn by Isayama, as well as an interview with Isayama, and a preview of the upcoming Attack on Titan art exhibit.

source

Rubix41
Site Admin

Name:
Ian

PostPosted: 30/11/14 21:07  Reply with quote

Will they be able to handle the expectations though? People are saying there's too much hype with Marvel.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-reasons-last-weeks-marvel-announcement-might-destroy-them/

Survived the night at Minami Con 13 and 11

Come visit our Fb: www.facebook.com/AMGSC

Display:   
Reply to topic    AMG(SC) Index -> Western Films, TV & Comics
Page 1 of 1

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio